Even though we’re already 8 days into 2018, I wanted to put my goals for 2018 into the universe. This is the first year that I’ve had the time to sit down and really think about what I want and what my goals for the year ahead will be. I have been loving having a routine and knowing my schedule every single day. I needed a full week over the holidays to just be by myself, reflect, plan, organize and sleep (so much sleep). My body had just been on the go and stressing out for so long that I forgot what it felt like to just sit, and do literally nothing.
To help visualize my goals for #2018, I got my inspiration from one of my fav. Toronto bloggers, Stephanie Sterjovski, and created a Pinterest board that highlights some images that inspire me and some quotes that I want to live by.
- Step up my online presence + social media game (Instagram, YouTube + Blog)
- Consistency in everything I do! Set my schedule and stick to it (CrossFit + Blogging + Healthy Eating, etc).
- Say “Yes” to things that scare me. But be okay (and not guilty) with saying “No” when I need ‘me’ time.
- Have fun and don’t take life so seriously. Learn to let go of the little things and be okay with letting people or things from the past go.
- Meal Prep + try new recipes and get my adventurous/comfortable cooking + fueling my body properly with nutritious whole foods.
- BUDGETING (see my No Spend January Post here). Every single month, Adam and I, are committing to budgeting our month based on what’s upcoming and what we want to save.
- Listen to more podcasts. I am LOVING podcasts since I have to take good ol’ public transportation to work everyday now.
- Make singing a priority again, figure out my direction and share music with others.
- Take time in the evening for quality time + puppy snuggles.
- Stop “snoozing” my alarm clock. Get enough Zzz’s so I don’t have to struggle out of bed in the mornings!
I know, 10 goals may seem like a lot, but there are some smaller goals and then some bigger goals, and many of them include a partner to keep me accountable. Now that they’re in the universe, I’m going to do my best everyday to work towards them, even if it’s small steps in the right direction! The most important part of moving forward with goals/resolutions is be nice to yourself and don’t be too hard on yourself if you miss a few days (or weeks). I’m so guilty of being my own worst critic and can get really down when I know I’ve had a set back with something. Referring back to Goal #4, I’m going to do my best to let things go and know that tomorrow is a new day with new possibilities. Sometimes you need to give yourself a break, and then get back on the horse the next day.
What are some of your resolutions for 2018 and your pro tips on achieving them? Let me know in the comments below!